Sunday, June 6, 2010

Memorial Day Weekend, Part II

Memorial day weekend, part two was much less exciting than the first. Well, I thought it was just as exciting, but you might not. Sunday of Memorial Day weekend, I ran my first race of the race season! Wooooo! I did the Seahorse Triathlon in Climax MI. As usual, D3 did a great job putting it on. Except they shorted the bike course, which is fine with me, my bike is a struggle these days. I had a great time, though I didn't do as well as I would have liked (due to Friday night's exploits quite possibly? There's a reason for a dry season as it turns out). However, I was the fastest swimmer except for one - Matt, I'm coming for you!

It was my first race as part of a Tri team, so that was really cool. It helps that my team does it up in style, with a tent, big van, trailer, and a whole bunch of intimidating bikes hanging around...None of those bikes being Crash. Crash isn't one of those tri bikes you see at races worth more than small four door car, but he gets me through races. Love you Crash! P.S. Crash is my bike, in case you missed the memo.

Anywho, no real good pics from the race. Mostly because I fail at taking pictures when I'm racing, and because it was a zillion degrees so I destroyed all evidence of what I looked like.

No comments: