Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Memorial Day Weekend, Part I

So I made myself some funfetti frozen yogurt. And contemplated my plan of attack. It was tricky because my yogurt was so pretty and yummy. But also it was very inspiring, so it worked out.
So. I made up some of Matha Stewart's vanilla cupcakes and I added some confetti sprinkles. Look at how beautifully they turned out!!
So pretty. They were a little dry. I like really moist cupcakes, but these were definitely more muffin-y.
Ooooo. Glamour shot.
And of course they needed frosting! So I made some of Martha's Buttercream frosting which was just heavenly. I'll probably use it for everything now.
Ta Da! Furthering the colorful, festive, funfetti theme, I did each cupcake a different color. I gradually tinted the buttercream, which I had divided, using gel colors. They really turned out beautiful.

I really liked this technique. It was somewhat tedious, but it really turned out a beautiful batch of cupcakes.


Then there's Liz! They sang a very, very inappropriate song to her for her birthday. But it was a great night!!!

No comments: