Sunday, June 6, 2010

Brownie Cupcakes

So, I had some frosting left over from Liz's funfetti birthday cupcakes. And I put it all in a ziplock bag, but it was taking up all this space in the fridge. So I needed to use it. But on what? I decided to use it up on a weekday night, so I had like 2 minutes to make something, and didn't want to have to go buy ingredients. So I made....drumroll please....BROWNIE CUPCAKES!!!

They were so delicious. And all it takes is a box of brownie mix. I used Duncan Hines, and made them with an extra egg to achieve the "cake like" brownies as instructed by the box. I also made them in cupcake tins, because really, cutting up brownies is a big pain in the keester, and I usually end up eating too many cause I goofed on the cutting, and then I get a tummy ache. So cupcake pans were the way to go.
However, I have clearly not mastered the piping icing from a ziplock bag technique. Or really any piping technique, but no one needs to know that. So my brownies were somewhat hideously looking. My lack of piping skillz was also exacerbated by the fact that the frosting was all weird leftover colors like pink, orange, green, blue and white. Which isn't a color palate I would have picked on purpose. Oh well. They still tasted ridiculously delicious. And I pawned them off on lifeguards and swimmers, so I didn't end up eating all of them. Hoo ray!
Ooo. This pink one is pretty good. Very impressed with myself.
Hmmm. This multicolored one is a little melty, but not the worst. The frosting started getting pretty heterogeneous, because some of it was melting from the heat from my hands, while the icing in the middle of the bag was still pretty stiff from being in the fridge.

This blue, green and white one is very manly, but still a weird color mix. And not the best piping job. Maybe if the shades of blue and green were different. 

Oh well. So my piping skillz suck, so what? They were still ridiculously delicious and you know you are jealous of everyone who got to eat one. And, if you're somewhere that is gray and cold all day like where I live, you'll probably whip these up right now. I say GOOD. DO IT. Because they're delicious.

No comments: