Monday, June 7, 2010

A good deal means lots of gels to taste :-)

I am a creature of habit. I am also a sale FIEND. These two characteristics of mine recently met with crazy results during a recent trip to REI. You see, I love Gu. Especially chocolate Gu. But I had a Tri Berry one during the River Run, and I really liked that. It was a little more refreshing than the chocolate one, which is always delicious, but sometimes you're no in the mood for eating chocolate syrup. So I have been wanting to get some Gus, for Tris and to try out in training. So I went to REI, which prices their Gus fairly, and gives you a discount when you buy at least 12. 

So I made a trip to REI to buy Gus, bike shorts, a jersey and a running tank. I'm all loaded up, but I always check the Bar and Gel of the Month rack. And wouldn't you know it, this month was Larabars and Accel Gels!!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE Larabars. So I bought two of each flavor on the sale shelf. Now, when I was swimming I used Accelerade or Endurox for a recovery drink during long swim meets, and I've used it once or twice on a bike during Tris. But I've never tried the Accel gel. And it was on sale for 79 cents!! Like half price!! So I picked some up. Chocolate, Strawberry Kiwi and Vanilla. 

I am very excited about my new Gels (I'm excited about my Larabars too, but I already know I love them). I can't wait to try them out! Not to fear, I will have a full run down of my thoughts on them forthcoming.

No comments: