Sunday, April 11, 2010

Freakishly low caloire muffins

These are pretty tasty muffins. They're moist and healthy, and have a good banana and berry flavor. I really like them for breakfast. I mixed them up using ingredients I had, and froze all the extras. They're great for a healthy breakfast before a long hard day. I also sliced them in half, and toasted them. They're GREAT toasted with jam.


Banana Blueberry Bran Muffins
I got this recipe from chowdiva, which I haven't been able to find online since. Which sucks, because I found a couple of good recipes there. And when I say ridiculously low calorie, I mean it. about 75 calories per muffin, 1 g fat, 10mg sodium, 4 g sugar. Sooo healthy! This recipe makes 19 muffins.

1.5 c. bran
3/4 c. whole wheat flour
1/3 c. oats
1/3 c. ground flax
1 c. mashed ripe banana
1/2 c. milk
1 egg
3 tbs. apple sauce
1/2 c. blueberries (I used frozen cause that's what I had)
1 tbs. honey
2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/8 tsp. ground cloves

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2. Mix moist ingredients together in mixing bowl
3. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix together until well mixed up.
4. Separate the batter into well greased muffin cups. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until cooked through.

No comments: