Sunday, April 11, 2010

And I still have more peanut butter

First of all, I have to say that the delay in posting has been due to some computer issues which have since been resolved. I love my little Vaio, and we've had a beautiful relationship together, and gotten a lot accomplished, but I fear I may have pushed it too hard too long. We'll see. It's still (knock on wood) holding up remarkably well. And, now that my computer issues have been resolved, be prepared for a flurry of posts.
These tasty little cookies are peanut butter and dark chocolate chunk cookies. I made them as part of my attempt to use up some of the superfluous peanut butter we had lying around the house. I don't really like peanut butter cookies, but these were pretty darn tasty. The dark chocolate chunks were a good idea too.

Mmmmm. Ok, so I did like a few of these.

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
This recipe is from cooking for seven which was a cute little blog with a decently healthy PB cookie recipe. The extra cookies, I sent with the extra PB and J Upside-down cupcakes to my brother :-)

1/2 c. softened butter
1 c. sugar
3/4 c. Peanut Butter (smooth! chunky is gross. yuck!)
1 large egg
1 c. rolled oats
1 tsp. canilla
1 c. whole wheat flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 c. chocolate chips or chunks of your preference

1. Preheat oven to 375
2. Mix all the ingredients together. Make golfball sized balls, and place onto parchment paper lined baking sheets. Flaten slightly with a fork.
3. Bake for 8-12 minutes. ENJOY

No comments: