Sunday, April 11, 2010

Kalamazoo Cake

Oh hello gel food coloring. What can I make with you today??

I love gel food coloring. I makes really really vibrant colors in batter and frostings. So, when I decided I wanted to make a cake celebrating my alma maters' recent NCAA success, I pulled out the gel food coloring. Orange, to be precise.
I used Hershey's chocolate cake recipe for the cake. Hello gorgeous. And I think it turned out rather well.
I also used Pioneer Woman's Best Frosting EVER recipe. I think I might have messed up somewhere, because it wasn't smooth or anything. But it tasted alright. I don't know if it was the best frosting I've ever tasted, but I didn't try it with the cake. The recipient of the cake said it was the best part, and really pulled the cake together.
Mmmm. It looks so chocolaty. I think my failure to try a piece of this cake is what cause my crazy chocolate cake cravings afterward. I may have made microwave chocolate cake in a mug, and ate that. (entry upcoming...)

No comments: