Friday, May 14, 2010

Thank God its Sunday!!!!

Ok, so it seems I have a stockpile of cooking adventures that I just haven't gotten around to posting. Sorry about that, but its just not easy, it turns out, to work three jobs and go to school full time and train for Tris, and have a life and STILL update my blog. Ok, rant over. So here is one of my old adventures. Enjoy!

I loooOOOoOooOoOooOve pancakes! So very much. I can't wait for a morning when I can get up, slap some fresh pancake batter on the griddle, and savor delicious pancakes with coffee and the newspaper. But lets be honest. Between working 2 or 3 jobs, tri training and school, I don't really have time for that (or I shouldn't, but sometimes I procrastinate a little).

But, I've been having some tough times lately. Things just don't seem to be going my way. Well, that's not entirely true. But I've been working very hard, and I'm at a place where I don't feel like I'm moving upward exactly. So I took a Sunday morning for myself, and made some healthy, dense, delicious pancakes.
Mmmmm. Mushed up bananas. Take that bananas!
Yeah, I don't have a griddle. And I get a little impatient making one pancake at a time, so my pancakes tend to run together. Or, maybe they just love each other so much, they can't stand to be apart, you decide. Invariably, my pancakes always have a few flat edges where I had to separate them from each other.
A little brown from the spices and wheat flour. So delicious!
Glamor Shot!!     




Happy Sunday Healthy Banana Pancakes 
1 c. oats
1 c. flour
1 mashed banana
2 tbs. baking powder
1/2 tsp. nutmeg (optional)
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla
1 c. applesauce
milk
some agave
Some sort of music playing system
  1. Set your music to Jack Johnson. Playlist must include Banana Pancakes.
  2. Mush up the bananas with a whisk
  3. mix up all the rest of the ingredients. Add agave to taste. Add milk last, adding and mixing up until you get a good, pourable, pancake batter.
  4. Pour onto a preheated griddle. Cook until the edges are firm and there are a whole lot of bubble in the batter. I usually cheat and peak to see if the bottom side is tan.
  5. Flip. Cook until both sides are nice and tan. Serve with warm maple syrup.
  6. Enjoy your chill Jack Johnson tunes, your yummy pancakes, and savor your Sunday. :-)

No comments: