Wednesday, April 28, 2010

EPIC Hump Day

 Today was EPIC. I ran around like a crazy person and got so much done! I ran 6.6 mile of VO2Max intervals, I swam 3000, I went out to Fraser and picked up my bike and bought a wetsuit, I baked 3 delicious dessert recipes, and now I'm bloggin! I did some other random stuff too, but its boring like clean up my mess, fold clothes etc. But I digress.

So, part of my EPIC Hump Day was the purchase of a wetsuit. A Quintana Roo Wetsuit!!! Yay! I got a men's superful, despite the fact that I am not, in fact, a man. But I got a good deal on it, it fits beautifully, and they didn't have any women's ones in stock. But you know, I ride a men's bike, sometimes I wear men's running shoes, and now I have a men's wetsuit. Hmm. Listing them like that is giving me a complex. Oh well. If it fits, and its comfortable, and you get a good deal, buy it. Besides, sometimes when they make women's stuff, it turns out terribly. The LZR swimsuits are one example. They made a big deal about building in space for hips, but then it never fit right in the butt or chest. Lame.
 Ahhh. My lovely QR wetsuit. With multithickness neoprene, quick release zipper, and forearm grips. I love it when I can move my shoulders when I swim :-)
 Oh, I also got these amazing Chucks today. My mom and I were out shopping, and we saw them in Pink in Nordstroms. Well, they came in purple too, and I had to have them. We ordered them, and they arrived today. I think they'll be a big hit this summer. (My team's colors are purple and white, and we always have cute coaches outfits).
Man, those shoes are cute.
Also today, I experimented with new goggles. You see, I've been rocking the same style goggles for over a decade - Aquablades. When I found out they weren't going to make them anymore, my mom went out and bought out the store. Luckily for me, they lasted through High School, and College, and a little bit of Triathlon training. I also still have a few mirrored ones, but they're too dark for inside swimming. The black ones in the picture are my Aquablade, but they're growing mold. So I figured it was time to buy new goggles.

I bought Socket Rockets (the blue and green ones) and Swedes (the Purpleish blue ones) because they were the cheapest goggles, and the ones most like the Aquablades. I rotated them today during my swim. I really liked the Socket Rockets. They were really comfortable, fit right into my eyes like I like, and provided a good field of vision. The Swedes were good too, maybe even a wider field of vision, but they dug into the bottom inside corners of my eyes, which wasn't too comfortable. Therefore, verdict is: from now on, I will rock the Socket Rockets. I hope they keep making them forever.

No comments: